Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Someone is a bit crabby in the morning

It was another early morning workout. Dragged my butt out of bed just before six. We did about ten minutes of groundwork before saddling up. I really just wanted to work on the same two exercise again, get them a little better, then go to work. Jessie tried to cast a vote against early morning workouts by just being cranky. She wanted to hang out by the gate. She didn't want to move. She didn't want to flex and when she did she would open her mouth and nip at my boot.

I just tried to ignore everything and keep her working at the exercises. The yielding-hindquarters-to-a-stop exercise was awkward. I had my spurs on because Clinton uses them in the bending exercise to follow. Mine kept getting hung up on the back cinch. I finally convinced her the repetitions were to help get my legs lighter and my hands softer and she seemed to resign herself to the task. Once we got a good stop-to-a-bend at all three gaits in both directions, I moved her to the middle and dismounted. Because she had been so cranky, I tied her to the patience pole while I got ready for work. Tomorrow's workout will be in the evening (if I can get it in) and I'm anxious to see how she does.

1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

She's a girl. She has to make sure to keep you on your toes. ;)