Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The lightest touch

The early morning workout consisted of more bending to a stop and we added side-passing at the fence and backing up. I was trying to use the lightest touch of my calf for the side-pass and using a little riding croup for reinforcement. It was working pretty good. It really showed me how heavy I had been getting with this maneuver on the trail.

The backup was the same way. In my quest to get the backup moving a little quicker, I let my hands become too involved. Jessie was very patient with me and we worked through some, but not all, of our issues. We got about 40 minutes of riding time. My neighbors cross fence our training area soon so we'll have to figure out another solution.

Ranae headed home to feed and we are hoping to get another ride in tonight.

No comments: