Friday, June 20, 2008

It's Been a Good Week

Well, we've ridden six out of the last seven days. Each session included at least 30 minutes of saddle time. I don't know how much more I can take. Actually, it's been fun seeing her change. There's still a ways to go for both of us but, she is becoming more calm and there is a lot less inattentiveness. We rode out alone Thursday evening still working in the same general area. She was much more comfortable and there were only a few places where we needed to do some "feet moving".

This morning we jog the mile out the canal rode and I just tried to control her with my calf, heel, and spur. She stayed the course and, once out there we worked on "Draw to a stop from a trot", bending, side-passing, and backing up. It was good for the most part. Even though it was 6:45 am there were three other riders out there. The Mexicans know how to train their horses, though I doubt we us the same methods. They like to see them dance. It's been in the 100's here most of the week so 6 am is the best time to ride.

1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

Man are you devoted! I'm not even awake at 6:00!