Monday, June 23, 2008

A Day of Rest

Jessie and I are taking Monday off. This riding six days a week is tough. My back is sore, my butt is tired and I had a crap load of laundry to do. It was 110 here on Saturday. We needed a load of hay so we got our ride in about midday before it got really, really hot. Riding around the alfalfa fields wasn't too bad. We took a turn through some corn that was about five feet high and it stopped all air flow. It was like a sauna in there. We worked on a few of the things we had been doing all week. We did some loping, but because of the heat, not a lot.

Sunday morning I worked with her out back. We did a groundwork session, then a short bareback session, and an at-liberty session. She worked up a pretty good sweat. The at-liberty is better, but she still ducks out on me when she can. We tacked up and did some of the 4-leaf clover exercise and picking up a lead at the canter. Both those exercises are continuing to improve. She's got draw to a stop from a trot down cold and her side pass is improving.

This morning I came in to nine emails from the No Worries Club site saying I had a private message. I am not currently a subscriber so I was curious if I could even see them. The "private" message was actually between JennyC and HistoryRider and all nine copies were the same. I wonder if everyone got that message?

Going to try and go out tomorrow early. Ranae is taking Dusty for a vet check so I'm not sure if we'll be alone or not. Dusty has had some soreness issues and she wants a lameness test. I think it's a waste of money, but know better than to say anything. I don't think she'll get much more out of it than "We'll keep an eye on it". You might gather I'm not really fond of her vet. Did I mention we use separate vets?

1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

LMAO about the seperate vets. I think JennyC has been PM'ing expired users trying to get them back on-line.