Monday, March 31, 2008

Jessie At Liberty

Okay, this should be good for a laugh. We wanted to have a "Before" picture of our at liberty exercises. You can see how much we both have to learn. This was taken the same evening as the last video, March 23rd. It took my a while to edit it down to a reasonable length. It's still long mainly because I wanted it more as a record for us instead of entertainment for you. My goal was to have her do a circle around me without a lead rope on. I could probably say a lot more about this video, but I'll let it speak for itself.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO John. Jessie is too funny! My comment might be too long to post here but I’ll try. I can tell you this, if she were my horse and she left like that I’d bust her butt. She “meanders” off and you get stuck running (just like she has planned). I know you said your stick was broke but that is when I’d have the string on so I could whack her! You need to make is so that if she decides to leave she can but she’s going to work when she does (make it easier for her to stay with you). I like how you caught her in the corner and did some changes of directions down there but she’s turning her butt to you telling you to take a hike. If you can, rope off that corner and start her in there where she has less room to “roam” & then open yourself up to the rest as she gets better. It will be a lot easier on you. ;) I also see where you are “hesitant” to correct her (she was chumping you on her back up again). What a personality she has! I love it!

John Harrer said...

Yeah, that's an awkward area to work, but it's what we have. She actually did do a couple of circles (one in each direction) for me.

She is funny. I like to see the playful side of her. It shows she's relaxing a bit.