Friday, January 2, 2009

Some Pictures

Here are some pics from Christmas day. The weather was blustery and every once in awhile the horse would kick up.

Pepper Watching


Pink Sky


Who Me?


Threatening Skies


Movin'


A Little Faster Now


It's either Pre-Buck or Post Buck, Not sure


Frosty & Charlie Huddle


More Threatening Skies



We (Jessie and I) did get some riding in on New Year's Day. My doctor's visit didn't turn up anything obviously wrong which is kinda good news/bad news. Anyway, it felt like it had been a long, long time since I was up on her and it had been five weeks. We did some groundwork and it was a cold forty degrees and gray (yes, I know, we Californians are sissys). She kicked up a on the LFR II. We were in a smaller area and all the other horses were around the fence. I got the feeling she resented having to work when no one else did. We worked our way through it and then I saddled her up. We didn't do much. Loped a few circles, trotted, stopped. Yielded hindquarters, side-passing, and bending. She did all these very well. Her lope was good and her stops were very nice. It felt good to ride her even though I had on five layers of clothing ;>)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John! hopefully this comment will post, I've been having trouble communicating with you. ARGH! Nice to see all those pictures. I'm 1/4 of the way through Series II now with Cricket. She is awesome! I'm trying to get some more video. I hope your Baby comes home - and in one piece. Happy New Year!!!!! :) diane

John Harrer said...

The comment posted. Thanks for the kind words. We are through Series II-Ground. I'd hoped to have some video, but after looking at the first at some of the video we shot, I realized Jessie and I needed a little more "refinement" ;>)

Anonymous said...

You know what, no matter where you are, you will always need "refinement!" I've accepted that fact!! I'm sure Mindy is so awesome because that is her "job" these days, to promote his training. I've noticed that the things I was so worried about in Series I (like perfectly pivoting in the yielding), that I was going to spend so much time working on, have worked themselves out just by continuing the practice as I'm moving along. Everything flows in an order, and it's amazing to see how it all works together as we go through the exercises. I think you and Jessie look great. It's obvious you spend the time to get things right, and you can see her respect for you. You are doing an excellent job!! :) diane

John Harrer said...

You are absolutely right about refinement. It is a constant process.

Tuff e Nuff said...

only 5 layers? lmao I'll bet it felt very good to ride again. Are you feeling any better?

John Harrer said...

Without being too graphic, the discomfort doesn't show up for a couple of days and I didn't really ride that hard. We'll just have to see what happens when I start riding a little longer and harder. It's a bitch gettin' old.