Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Exercise #20 - Check

A quick early morning workout to do exercise #20: Throw the rope to stop. First, we did some LFR stage 2. We had reviewed the DVD and I noticed I was missing a few minor details. A few things with my feet, the handling the rope during the transition. I think because she was so frenetic when I first started this exercise I got in the habit of stepping back instead of into the shoulder. We only did it for 5-10 minutes. I wish she picked up her front end more, but we got some improvement.

The throw the rope to stop was a breeze. It took her about a circle and a half the first time and about two steps every time after that. We ended with some side-passing on the fence and stick and string desensitizing.

It was only about 30 minutes and I think it was helpful...

2 comments:

Tuff e Nuff said...

I don't know how you get up that early to work her!

BTW - feel free to move to Iowa anytime. LOL

John Harrer said...

It's really not that early. I climb out of bed at 6am. It takes me 10 minutes to get out there and move the horses to be able to use the back area. We work until about 7 - viola.

It's too bad Iowa gets snow...