Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sometimes You Just Feel Like ...

Sometimes it just feels like you're in a vortex.  A couple of weeks ago Jessie stepped in a hole while loping and was limping.  Ten days ago Max, my 10 year old Aussie did a turn in the yard while playing and tore up his knee, then last weekend Rane's Dusty pulled up lame.  What's going on?!?!

Jessie looks like she's back to about 90%, Max is still about 40%, and I'm not sure what's going on with Dusty.  I just know I'm watching MY step.

Since we didn't ride much last weekend I watched some of the dvd's and worked on some GW III exercises.  We worked on the Out/Back, Backing Angles, and Changing Eyes Stage III.  We had a pretty good time, actually.  I love groundwork, just wish we had a better place and more time to spend on it. 

It was good to dust off the old dvd's too.  I've got a couple I haven't even look at yet.  If my horse stays healthy, maybe I won't ever get to them.

No comments: