Friday, April 6, 2012

Hey, Doc. It Hurts When I Do This!

Then don't do that.

I got Jessie out last night and did some groundwork.  Before I started, I stretched her front legs.  I could tell there was a certain position I got the right leg in that caused a twinge.  It was a position that put pressure in the shoulder area.

On LFR she demonstrated a head bob at the trot.  It was slight, but easily visible.  We worked for about ten minutes at what I would consider a low energy level.  Then I put her up.

Have I told you that she will sometimes kick up when I go out to feed her?  It's not always.  She gets her ass up in the air quite high sometimes!  I do always make her calm down and walk over and let me touch her face before she gets her hay.  This morning she did it and didn't seem to feel any pain.  She was NOT trotting mind you, she was just kicking up. 

We are looking forward to a ride on Saturday....

No comments: