Monday, November 29, 2010

The Long Weekend was Short on Riding

The weather and family obligations over the holiday weekend made it tough to find some Jessie time. Don't get me wrong, it was great spending time with family. My sister-in-law puts on a fantastic meal and family had come in from Bend,Or. and Salt Lake City.

I had to work most of Friday and that left just Saturday and Sunday for riding. We woke up early on Saturday had breakfast and while we were putting on layers of clothes to go ride, clouds rolled in and the threat of rain appeared. We put the ride on hold until the sun broke through around 11am and we saddled up.

We rode for about two hours working on a few things including our new loping exercises. Ranae was helping me work on my hand position and just keeping them quieter while we're loping.

Saturday afternoon the weather drove me back into the house after doing some yard work, so I thought this would be a good time to reload the RWC Series 3 discs and start working through them once again. I got through disc one on Saturday and since the weather was really blustery on Sunday, I worked my way through disc two. The only problem with watching them is it makes you want to ride. Oh well, maybe next weekend...

2 comments:

Tuff e Nuff said...

What is your new loping exercise?

John Harrer said...

It's essentially loping for ten minutes straight with lots of changes of direction. We do the flower power pattern followed by the clover-leaf, then some figure eights, then some big squares, and circles. We're all over the effing place.