Monday, April 27, 2009

My Little Pole Bender

The girls went up the hill to ride with some of their girlfriends and I was left home alone. I cleaned up my girl and set up the tripod to see if I could take some pictures.

I had to ground tie her while I walked over and set the camera. It only has a 10 second delay, so I was hustling pretty good.




And then she found out she could grab some grass in between takes...typical starlet!






Then we tried it under saddle. I'd side-pass to the tripod, click the delay then move out in front of the camera. She did pretty good. I kept forgetting to smile.





I had found a set of 6 mini cones at Sports Authority for nine bucks so I set them up 21 feet apart and we rode a pole bending pattern as I tested my ability to ride. She was a little stiff at first, but I think she was getting into it. I then set the cones up in a circle and we did some loping. Again, the steering was a little stiff at first and then she loosened up. We did 8 or 10 circles in each direction and then did a few other little exercises. It was a fun ride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some cones, but they are teeny tiny. I also have some regular sized traffic cones that are all beat up. Someday I hope to use all of them! Don't think I'll be pole bending, though. You are so creative!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

John Harrer said...

Thanks, Anon. That's a nice thing to say.