Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Going Saddle-less

I've mentioned we do a little bareback riding after our ground work. I've captured some video. It has all the characteristics of a homemade video. It's not pretty and it's long. It's quite interesting to see your riding style on video. I can see a lot of mistakes, but it's not bad for someone who's only been doing it about a month. Feel free to offer advice or critiques - I can take it.

We are riding in the halter and I just tied the lead rope on a loop. It makes the reins kinda long. I think it's funny the look Jessie has on her face at times. It's like, "Get this guy off of me!" She actually did very well. A couple of times my weight shifted and my balance was off and I could feel her come up underneath me and get back on track.

Regardless of my riding ability the one thing you can tell from this video is how absolutely gorgeous she is!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! You look like you are having a blast! The only things I noticed were the few times you'd look down at Jessie instead of where you were going and it also looks like you cue with your heels instead of using your calves first (but you'll know better than me if you actually are).

Seriously though you both look great!

Tuff

John Harrer said...

Thanks. I saw the same things. That calf thing is a hard habit for me to break!

Anonymous said...

Watching yourself on video really helps. I need to do it myself. Not too much longer and I'll have a video for you in the mail. ;)

BTW - loved the added music.

Tuff

Anonymous said...

test

John Harrer said...

Thanks. I just heard Jeff Healy passed away over the weekend at age 40. What a bummer.

Can't wait for the video.