Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Five Straight Days

I'm not a morning person, but I will get up if there is an opportunity to ride Jessie. We rode Thursday and Friday mornings before work and got two two-hour rides in on the weekend, then another hour ride Monday morning. I don't know about her, but I'm a little sore.

The Sunday ride was out to the city farm area. There are a lot of natural obstacles like this ditch to cross.


Photobucket

Of course, I neglected to get the picture of us coming upon four half expired helium birthday balloons flopping around in the weeds. Jessie was fine with it and actually wanted to bite them. Dusty got to do some work around them.

The temps were in the mid 80's and there was a slight breeze. It was very comfortable.

Photobucket
Dusty


We ran across these little "training" areas the Hispanics use. They are fairly small circles. I don't know if they are on the ground or in the saddle when they wore this into the ground, but from the looks of hole you can tell the horse was working hard.

Photobucket

Sunday evening the weather turned cloudy and windy. Monday morning at 5:45 am it was still quite threatening and breezy. Neither Jessie or I wanted to go back to bed (although I got the feeling she would have preferred to just have breakfast), so we decided to ride. Rain came later in the day.

Photobucket

I highly recommend a sunrise ride if you have the opportunity. We are looking forward to one tomorrow.

Photobucket

No comments: