Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Entry for the Book We'll Never Write

In a lot of sports like tennis and golf one is coached to "keep your eye on the ball". "Don't worry about the court (in tennis) or the hole (in golf), take aim then focus on the ball you are hitting. In riding you do the opposite you want to look where you want to go. It's important to look up and out in the direction you want to ride.

I catch myself looking down so much I think I'm going to have the crown piece of my bridle engraved with "What are you looking down here for?" The horse is down there. There's no need to look. I can feel her. If I can't feel her, I'm probably on the ground and you know what I'm doing? I'm probably looking up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do that too. Isn't that weird? You go out for a nice ride to enjoy the scenery and your horse, and all you do is look at the back of their ears... I know for me, I feel if I'm not looking at her, she won't go where I want!! Or maybe she'll sneak a spook on me and I won't be ready.