Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Saddle Pad Cleaning

Last weekend we rode on Saturday evening out to the usual haunts. It was a warm but pleasant ride to end the day. We didn't do an awful lot of work. It was more of a "kick back" ride. We did one long trot of about a mile or so, then just had some fun.

Sunday, we tried some video taping. We used the middle of the day to avoid the shadows. It was hot. We rode out to the new "working" area and Ranae drove out to meet us. Jessie did great riding out alone. She walked past one of our "trouble" spots without hesitation.

When we got back I decided to clean the saddle pads and cinches. This, as it turns out, came out better than some of the riding videos we took. It's tough watching yourself. Don't get me wrong, I think it's good for me to see myself riding so I can improve, but sometimes it doesn't look as pretty as it feels. We'll work on it some more.

Here's our method of saddle pad cleaning in one minute forty-one seconds:

No comments: