Friday, September 5, 2008

Two nights on bareback

We are quickly losing our long days. By the time I get home, change, it's getting late. The last two nights I've gone out, done a little GW and just hopped on bareback. I don't think Jessie likes it too much (though she is getting better). She'll swish her tail a bit. It's mostly just walking around with short bursts of trotting to see if I can maintain my balance (I cannot...yet).

The neighbor doesn't feed his horses until about 7 or 7:15. Their first meal is at 5:30am. When he comes out to feed his gelding is just on the other side of where we are working. Because he gets fed last he is very pissy. We were standing near the fence and he came charging up to us with his teeth barred, while I sat on Jessie wondering what she would do. She calmly stood there, then we walked away.

It's not much, but at least we are out there doing something...

4 comments:

Tuff e Nuff said...

LOL and what would you have done if she had spooked and ran sideways? Just kidding. These early nights are starting to get old already. :(

John Harrer said...

I would have 1)hung on to her mane for all I was worth and 2) pick myself up and dust fyself off ;>)

Tuff e Nuff said...

you would have dusted fyself off? LOL

I'm so glad you guys like to give me shit for my spelling.

John Harrer said...

Crap! I'm getting sloppy.