Friday, September 19, 2008

More Bareback

Well, we got to work for about twenty minutes bareback. Her bite marks are still visible but they don't seem to cause her any pain as I did the Jeffery Method on her last night.

It's amazing how much more stiff she is bareback in a halter when, from the ground she flexes so much better in the halter than the bit. We trotted around a bit and I had a mini goal to trot a circle in both directions. Staying balanced on her trot as she zigzags her way around the circle is quite the challenge. I start bouncing which makes her speed up and makes me bounce some more. We did it, barely. It probably looks quite comical - it feels that way.

The weather should be perfect this weekend (mid 80's) and we hope to get some riding in.

Have a good weekend...

2 comments:

Tuff e Nuff said...

Glad you got a ride in & our weather is supposed to be just as nice so I'll be thinking about you as I'm riding. ;)

John Harrer said...

Good to hear you are finally getting some good weather.