Monday, September 19, 2011

A "Good" busy Week

Last Tuesday in visiting the No Worries Club website there was a post about Clinton's Birthday with an invitation to post a video. His birthday was in four days and I thought that there wasn't enough time. Then Wednesday at work an idea began to germinate. Corny, yes. Silly, absolutely. I don't get home until around 8pm on Wednesdays and by the time we have dinner and get settled it's after 9. Ranae was game, so we set up props and video in the dim light of our living room. I edited the footage early Thursday and Thursday evening we video the second part as we were losing the light of the evening, The horses did great with the balloon popping. We had to pick up bunch of the broken balloon pieces. Standing on Jessie's back was tougher than I thought. Her coat is slippery and my boots have no traction. She stood like a statue as I fumbled my way through it. Both Ranae and I couldn't stop laughing and the neighbors watching thought we had totally lost it. Anyway, if you missed it, here it is:



Saturday we were able to get a 2 hour ride in late in the afternoon. Sunday we took them out for a three hour, 10+ miler and worked them fairly hard. I'm (trying ) asking more from Jessie in softness and flexibility. We are going to have to really step it up. In reading the Spring NWC Journal, they had sixty applications for the Intermediate Clinic and only 16 were accepted. We're (me) going to have to get much better if we expect to make the cut!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

HAAA! I LOVE it!!! that was fun to watch!
ps...you two are really cute together :)