Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Get The Job Done

We don't really have many places to actually train, so we converted the world to our arena. It's a little trickier and sometimes things don't go exactly as planned, but we get the job done. Here's a quick little video from a recent ride:



We are still getting our weekend rides and we spend about half of the ride time training and half just enjoying being outside with the horses. The weather is cooling down (finally) and the days are getting shorter. We'll have to find even more creative ways to get and stay sharp.

3 comments:

Tuff e Nuff said...

I apparently need to move to CA. That brick wall could come in very handy. And how do you stumble upon such a nicely plowed field? Heck I'd be in heaven if I had those areas to ride in!

John Harrer said...

Come on. We've got plenty of room (and taxes) in CA.

This field was kinda deep. The one problem with them is gopher and squirrel holes. You can get an unexpected 6" drop at any time. We do have about 4 or five places where we can ride. Most don't have the nice fence to work along, but we get by ;>)

We'll take the camera out again soon and show you some of them. Maybe they will entice you to move...

Leslie said...

NICE! I can't wait till my horse Speedy lopes nice and gentle like Jessie...I know him and I need a lot of loping and miles and miles of practice!
we have LOTS of gopher hole issues too, but we also just got a new wash that was recently redone and it's nice to take the horses in there.
Still working on flexing with my horse that I ride, Jim and his horse, Cadet flex beautifully, Speedy (mine) not soo beautifully, but coming along! I have discovered how he can flex very nicely while wanting to reach for a treatthough! ha!