Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Heinz 57

It's time for a little ketchup...

Not a lot of time for the horses over the last week. We had family from Utah, Oregon, and No. Cal come into town and we tried to spend as much time with them as possible. Ranae had the week off, but then caught a cold that slowed her down a bit.

We managed a little grooming time early TG morning. Saturday afternoon we cleaned them up again. The weather was pretty wet the first part of the week then turned foggy and damp. Sunday afternoon cleared up around 3PM and we went out and did a little groundwork. The weekend before we had shot video for GR&C on the Ground Series II. We had twenty five minutes of video shooting the 12 or so exercises. I could have edited it into a decent video, but the raw footage was just painful for me to watch. My cues were sluggish, my energy was too low, my leadership wafted in and out like an ocean tide. So Sunday I focused on trying to make my cues clear and in the right order and bringing my energy up when I needed it. I put Jessie on the 22 foot lead and did some lungeing in a big circle. She did very well for not having worked all week. She was fast in some places but she didn't kick up.

I'm off of riding for the rest of the month. Something is irritating my prostate and I go to the doctor at the end of the month. It's hell getting old. Meanwhile, I'm still working out three times a week at the gym. The only thing I can say is, "Thank god for ipods". It's a good time of year for an equine layoff anyway with the Christmas shopping season upon us and Jessie probably could use a break. And, if I do get to work her I've got lots of room for improvement on my groundie techniques.

1 comment:

Tuff e Nuff said...

Sorry you won't be riding this month. I know my leg still isn't doing me any favors so I'm not sure how life will be when I step back into the saddle.