Thursday, April 24, 2008

Two In One Day

Woke up early yesterday and did about 45 minutes of groundwork from about 6-7am. We are consciously going through all the exercises on GR 2. None of the exercises have been too difficult except I did find Jessie doesn't like the "Slap and Walk" exercise. That was one of the first desensitizing exercise (besides the clippers) that she's showed any resistance to.

I don't get home much before six and I quickly threw them some hay and went off to change and get some things done. I saddled her about 6:20 and we went out back and worked on ORS, bending, trotting circles, and we loped a bit. I'm going to have to look at that bending exercise again. Either I'm doing it wrong or not doing it long enough. She just can't wait to get her head back straight. She gives quickly and then it's - POW! - and she yanks it away. I think I just need to do it more. Time flew by and before I knew it it was past 7 and time to put everything back.

I'm hoping to get another short session in tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When she pulls it back make her run into a "brick wall" like you would if she was jerking it when you flex with the halter. Would you like to do the GW with LLL? I don't much care for the GW.

John Harrer said...

I've been trying that and it is helping a little. I'd love doing gw on 3L. I'm not sure why, I just love gw. I think it's because I on the same level as the horse and have more control.