Monday, May 10, 2010

Another River Ride


We try to take the trailer out at least once a month. Family obligations are taking up many of the May weekends so we decided to take another river ride on Saturday. It was a beautiful day and we planned to ride out to a little bar about 4 miles away, have a beer and a snack, then head back.



I always feel like I should be doing something - trotting, loping, doing circles. Just walking along the trail for an hour is challenging for me, so I figure I need to do more of it. It's okay for a change of pace.



The trails are nice and the bar has a hitching rail. It's good for Jessie to stayed tied up for a time while we have lunch. Kind of like a mid ride patience pole experience. My camera somehow switched to B&W mode. Sometimes I think everything I have has a mind of it's own.



The terrain is nice and we have the Bakersfield oilfields as a back drop.



A hawk checking us and the air thermals out as he searches for lunch.

No comments: